Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Is profit the key objective of the health insurance industry ?

Are the health insurance industry "a bunch of crooks who would gladly let you die if it meant making a bigger profit" ?

Are there control mechanisms - QALY, prospective payments, come to mind 鈥?that are ways of tweaking the system to the health insurance industry鈥檚 base ends.
Answer:
Yes, they are in the business of making money.

As a physician, I frequently have to fight to collect fees that insurance companies owe. They make us jump through hoops unnecessarily, in an effort to delay or avoid payment.

Some are worse than others.

Fortunately, I am not in a specialty where insurance companies dictate which drugs I can use and how I can treat my patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Is it possible © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net