Sunday, October 25, 2009

I'm on 40 mg of prozac but recently went on 80 mg!?

And honestly, I feel good! Theres no side effects for me and really feel like a new person. Oh, and I'm not going to do this everyday, this is just my second time doing it, because I just wanted to experiment with it. I know you're going to tell me that it's dangerous and what not, but everyone handles prozac differently, and just cant take a lot. I guess my question is, should I go back to 40 or just stay on 80? I'm a 16 year old male.
Answer:
For the treatment of depression and obsessive-compulsive disorder, a dose of 20 mg/day, taken in the morning, is recommended as the initial dose that i give my patients. A dose increase may be considered after several weeks if insufficient clinical improvement occurs. The maximum Prozac dose should not exceed 80 mg/day. For the treatment of bulimia nervosa, the recommended dose is 60 mg/day, taken in the morning. Prozac doses above 60 mg/day have not been systematically studied. So i would recommend that you back it back down to the prescribed dose because even though you may feel great and have no side effects you may be destroying your liver and when the liver goes we go. So definitely back it back down and then say something to your physician next time you go in. Hope i helped, have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Is it possible © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net