Saturday, October 31, 2009

Increased resting heart rate on Adderall XR (120 beats per minute)! Should I be worried...?

My resting heart rate use to be 60 beats per minute before taking Adderall XR. Now, it's between 110-120 beats per minute. Is this normal and am I damaging my heart?
Answer:
I googled and found this site which may help to educate you more on this and they had this listed:

What are the possible side effects of Adderall?

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Stop using Adderall and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:

fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeats;

feeling light-headed, fainting;

increased blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, trouble concentrating, chest pain, numbness, seizure); or

tremor, restlessness, hallucinations, unusual behavior, or motor tics (muscle twitches).



I'd sure be fearful if I were you, especially when the rate should be way below 100. I'd be contacting my doctor and asking about this ~ doesn't sound good at all. You could have a heart attack or a stroke if this goes on for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Is it possible © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net