Saturday, October 31, 2009

Is animal medicine testing apropriate??

Should the medicine people test medince on animals?Just think about it,medicine will have a different effect on animals than humans!So should animal medicine testing really happen?Do you strongly dissagree,dissagree,strongly agree,or agree?
Answer:
As a veterinary student I like animals. A lot. This is such a complicated issue that I was asked about it during my interviews! Unfortunately, as said above we do not have a choice if we want to "cure" people and while there are DEFINITE differences, most mammals work the same. (and scientists know what those differences are)
Something else to note, Rechigo, is that animal testing has to be done to help cure animals too! In my class even strict vegetarians with strong animal rights ties reluctantly agree about this point. It's not fun but in our training we even have to dissect dogs, cats, horses, and cows etc to know how they work when we help your animals. What we all can do, however, is make sure researchers follow the laws and guidelines that govern animal testing and try to use different methods whenever possible.

I think it is great that you are asking questions about issues that trouble you. When I was in junior high I cried when we dissected a baby pig - so I can see where you are coming from! In the future though maybe try and find answers from other sources like .org or .edu websites.

Back to studying for finals! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Is it possible © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net