Saturday, October 31, 2009

Is Anesthesiology a field worth going into?

I am only in high school but am already interning in many medical environments. I'm wondering whether anesthesia is a field where you can make good money in a medical field without overworking yourself.
Answer:
Only if you love it.

I am an anesthesiologist. I make a decent living, and I'm not overworked. But, I am 43. It wasn't always this way.

I worked my *** off throughout medical school, residency, and for many years after residency. I missed a lot of milestones in my children's lives. There's been stress on the marriage at times because of work. ANY medical field is going to be like that.

If it's meant to be, then you, too, will work your back side off to achieve what you want. If you're looking for an easier way to make money, try business or law.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Is it possible © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net