Saturday, October 31, 2009

Is internal medicine a good medical specialty?


Answer:
It depends on your personality. When I did my Medicine rotation in med school, I seriously questioned whether I made the right choice in going to med school.

I would rather poke sharp things into my eyes than sit through Medical rounds. Seriously.

I found surgery to be more to my liking, but when I discovered anesthesia, I found my home.

There are plenty of doctors that would be miserable doing what I do, but I love it.

You don't really choose a specialty - it chooses you. If you like Medicine, then it's a good medical specialty. We desperately need good internists. If it's not for you, then it's not a good specialty. Something else will be, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Is it possible © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net